Glen was surfin' the web today, as we haters tend to do, and happened to stumble across a brochure for a Gang Summit, scheduled for February 25-27, in Arlington, Virginia. Guess who is scheduled to speak? Brielle's own Barry Colicelli!!! Looks like he's running a seminar on the first day entitled "Developing Community-Based Partnerships to Reduce Gang Violence," and another one on the second day called "Devising Community-Wide Anti-Gang Initiatives."
Under each of his seminars, this is what is written about him:
Barry Colicelli, Captain (Retired), Special Assistant to Mayor Douglas Palmer, Mayor's Office of Anti-Gang Initiatives, City of Trenton.
- of course, if Barry's still planning to attend?
- and if so, who is paying for his travel to and from Arlington?
- if the program coordinators and attendees know that Mr. Colicelli is retired from Newark?
- if the program coordinators and attendees know that Mr. Colicelli's contract was terminated in Trenton?
- if the speakers receive honoraria?
- if Mr. Colicelli will be drawing on his experience as a Zombie Killing Cop in the movie Zombie Honeymoon (2004)?*
- if Mr. Colicelli will be showcasing his comprehensive community anti-gang initiatives from his efforts in Trenton, or Newark, or Brielle, or all of the above?
You should know there are some fees involved; it's roughly $800 to attend (though there are some different options depending on what you participate in), and accommodations (as of 1/24/08) are roughly $200 at the nearby Arlington Rosslyn Courtyard. Check out the Gang Summit's website for more information.
Chief of Staff for the city of Trenton, Renee Haynes, told City Council last night that if Mr. Colicelli is forced out (and wasn't he?), all of the information and work and grant money he's acquired for the city will go with him. Of course, we all know that no professional who cares about his future would ever do that to a client, but remember, this is Trenton, Land of Shit-Like-This-Doesn't-Happen-Anywhere-Else. But all is not lost. What has cost the city a quarter of a million bucks (and then some) in the way of payment to Mr. Colicelli over the last three years, you can have in an afternoon in Arlington, for a mere $800. Unlock the dream from Barry's head. That's a bargain!!
* We think this is him. What do you think?
For more information, check out the YouTube link for the movie. Also, check The Internet Movie Database's cast list for Zombie Honeymoon. And please, stay tuned for a movie review by Mr. Clean, over at Bald Fat and Angry (hint, hint!)