Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pestiferous!!!

An Asian Tiger Mosquito (Aedes Albopictus).

I want to extend thanks to the folks at Mercer County Mosquito Control, for their commitment to reducing the numbers of the region's pestiferous Asian Tiger Mosquito. These dedicated government workers have been toiling tirelessly in my neighborhood for the last month or so, even entering our backyards without permission, and leaving gates open when they go to the next property! I've seen more mosquito control agents around here than any other government official, ever! We've had four visits in the last couple of weeks, right here, including one at 3 a.m. this morning, in a really REALLY loud sprayer truck that woke us all up! But I'm not bitching! It's not like I ever get more than two hours of continuous sleep at a time these days anyway! It's mid-September, and these mosquitoes must DIE before our autumn is ruined!

I bet the folks in Hopewell or Princeton don't get this level of attention! But then again, maybe the suburbs don't have the same level of mosquito populations!

So, thanks again, Mosquito Killers! I only wish other government workers had half the dedication you do.*

___________________

* For real.

3 comments:

G Spot said...

I hope they keep it up so we don't have any of those peskier winter mosquitos!

Miss Karen said...

Well I'm happy at least to have a slightly more comforting explanation for what my back gate was doing open the other day. And really, as far as I'm concerned, every one of those motherf**kers that gets cut down is a victory, no matter what time of year it is.

Mistër Cleän said...

Amazing. So-called animal lovers calling for mosquito genocide. Pick a team, kids. ;)