Friday, November 6, 2009

Congratulations, George

I don't live in the South Ward, but know a few folks there, so I thought I had some idea about their politics. I hoped common sense would prevail and Paul Harris would not be elected, and that indeed came to pass, so I guess I know a bit about the tone of the ward.

I hadn't realized how well George Muschal knew his ward, and I wasn't aware, until after the election, how well he hustled during this short campaign season. It makes sense a former police officer would know the hearts and minds of his neighbors, and would understand how to connect with them. So, I am pleased he took the most votes on Tuesday, and I wish him the best. I hope he kicks some ass, and provides us all with some much needed inspiration. We need it.

2 comments:

Guyonthecanal said...

Congrats to Mr. Muschal on his win and let's hope that you are right about him. Unfortunately the turnout in the South Ward was so bad that pathetic is an understatement. Winning a council seat with 741 votes out of a total of 1,819 cast maybe fine for a rural town up in Sussex county but is inexcusable in a city the size of Trenton. Let's hope the good people of the South Ward get what they need and not what they deserve for such an apathetic turnout.

Anonymous said...

I hope Councilman Muschal stirs things up in city council chambers. The 2010 campaign kicks off in less than 2 months, let the games begin!